What better place to make movies than in a movie theatre? Dr. D Studios is headquartered at the historic art deco Metro Theatre located at 30 Orwell Street in Potts Point in Sydney, Australia.
Our building, originally called The Minerva, began life in the 1930's as a traditional performing theatre. It was later renamed The Metro Theatre becoming one of Sydney's first movie houses. After a couple of other reincarnations, the building was purchased by George Miller after the second Mad Max movie in the early 1980's. Since then it has been the home of Kennedy Miller Mitchell where many of KMM's films have been produced.
It's a magical environment, with a very long history of bringing the latest artistic and technological achievements to audiences around the world. Take a look inside and see some of what inspires us.